This program provides the student with a good foundation in:
- the basics of applied statistics,
- the fundamentals of numerous problems in the areas of health,
- an ability to apply statistical knowledge to health-related data,
- an ability to understand the problems and deal with the personalities of health care personnel, and
- an ability to use computers to good advantage.
Depending on the completed undergraduate coursework the MStat Biostatistics program can take two to three years to complete.